    do so at this stage) and I know this request will rear it's head again
    shortly.

    Thanks for any help offered.
    Tony Scott, Mar 30, 2006

  2. its a client side javascript issues.. not server side ASP

    you should really ask in a more approriate area

    Kyle Peterson, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Tony Scott wrote:
    > I have a SELECT element...
    > ...Now I have been asked if I can get the drop down to
    > open automatically...

    A SELECT element is not a "drop down", even though it MAY BE represented as
    one:

    "Visual user agents are not required to present a
    SELECT element as a list box; they may use any other
    mechanism, such as a drop-down menu"

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#edef-SELECT

    You could always use the SIZE attribute (even on a select-one element)...

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Mar 30, 2006