O'Reilly Goes Ruby

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_3364_18760158.1130511783840

Yeah, its been there since the beginning of the code zoo, but, it's good yo=
noticed, others may have missed it too.
j.

I may be a bit slow in finding this out but, O'Reillys CodeZoo have a
Ruby Section.

See here:
http://ruby.codezoo.com/

Daniel.

--
"http://ruby-lang.org -- do you ruby?"

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_3364_18760158.1130511783840--

rmagick

Daniel said:
I may be a bit slow in finding this out but, O'Reillys CodeZoo have a
Ruby Section.

Much as I hate to knock any positive attention paid to Ruby, I have to
point out that the Zoo seems to be unattended. I don't think anything
has been added since it opened (although I'd love to be corrected).

Lyle Johnson

Much as I hate to knock any positive attention paid to Ruby, I have to
point out that the Zoo seems to be unattended. I don't think anything
has been added since it opened (although I'd love to be corrected).

Ditto. I first heard about it a month or so ago, and recommended some
(already popular) Ruby libraries for inclusion. I didn't get any
response, and those libraries were never added to the list, so I
suspect that this has been abandoned.

Austin Ziegler

Ditto. I first heard about it a month or so ago, and recommended some
(already popular) Ruby libraries for inclusion. I didn't get any
response, and those libraries were never added to the list, so I
suspect that this has been abandoned.

Hopefully it hasn't, but I don't think that they've updated the Ruby
libraries in a while. I don't track the others, but they're still
reporting what is now an obsolete version of PDF::Writer.

-austin

Curt Hibbs

------=_Part_3252_26986545.1130514078576

Yeah, its been there since the beginning of the code zoo, but, it's good
you
noticed, others may have missed it too.
j.

CodeZoo opened in April and Ruby was added at the beginning of August.

Here's a post that describes how things get listed on CodeZoo:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.general/108403

And here's the orginal post I made ask for Rubyist to go rate/review Ruby
packages in CodeZoo for the benefit of the whole community:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails/17292

Curt

------=_Part_3252_26986545.1130514078576--

Adriano Ferreira

Yeah, its been there since the beginning of the code zoo, but, it's good = you
noticed, others may have missed it too.

Nope, the Ruby section at code zoo debutted at August (together with
Python), while Java section was born with the very start of the site
(by April 2005). But that's ok - at least they have not been guilty of
a forever-lasting oversight.

Adriano.

Curt Hibbs

------=_Part_3452_32889771.1130515438076

Hopefully it hasn't, but I don't think that they've updated the Ruby
libraries in a while. I don't track the others, but they're still
reporting what is now an obsolete version of PDF::Writer.

I just asked Marc Hedlund at O'Reilly about this, and here is his response:

Ah, thanks much. We've unfortunately been caught dealing with a bunch
of sourceforge bugs (problems with sourceforge data that affect our
listings) and haven't updated in the past few weeks, but the site is
definitely not abandoned. We've made quite a few additions to the Ruby
section since launch, though some have come down with the update
problems. Hopefully this will all be resolved in a week's time.

------=_Part_3452_32889771.1130515438076--

Lyle Johnson

I just asked Marc Hedlund at O'Reilly about this, and here is his respons= e:

Ah, thanks much. We've unfortunately been caught dealing with a bunch
of sourceforge bugs (problems with sourceforge data that affect our
listings) and haven't updated in the past few weeks, but the site is
definitely not abandoned. We've made quite a few additions to the Ruby
section since launch, though some have come down with the update
problems. Hopefully this will all be resolved in a week's time.

OK, everybody, remember that Curt has the "in" at O'Reilly for us. ;)

Thanks for following up on this, Curt. Sounds encouraging!

Tom Copeland

I just asked Marc Hedlund at O'Reilly about this, and here is his response:

Ah, thanks much. We've unfortunately been caught dealing with a bunch
of sourceforge bugs (problems with sourceforge data that affect our
listings) and haven't updated in the past few weeks, but the site is
definitely not abandoned. We've made quite a few additions to the Ruby
section since launch, though some have come down with the update
problems. Hopefully this will all be resolved in a week's time.

FWIW, Mark and I are working to get RubyForge to export DOAP using:

http://www.codezoo.com/about/doap_over_atom.csp

So that should help keep things current automagically...

Good times,

Tom