[OT] Google Groups in bad odour

Frank Millman

Hi all

I know there have been complaints about spam on Google Groups over the
last few months, with some members rejecting all traffic from them.

You might be interested in this comment I got in a reply from someone
on comp.os.linux.setup -

"If you want to be read by a wider audience, you really want to post
from
someplace other than Google Groups. Many (most?) readers of the
Linux
lists kill everything from there automatically."

Unfortunately it seems that their newsgroup does not have a mail
gateway, so I cannot use gmane. (Please correct me if I am wrong). I
will therefore have to find a suitable news client. Any
recommendations?

Frank Millman

Steven D'Aprano

Unfortunately it seems that their newsgroup does not have a mail
gateway, so I cannot use gmane. (Please correct me if I am wrong). I
will therefore have to find a suitable news client. Any recommendations?

Pan and KNode.

Arnaud Delobelle

Frank Millman said:
Hi all

I know there have been complaints about spam on Google Groups over the
last few months, with some members rejecting all traffic from them.

You might be interested in this comment I got in a reply from someone
on comp.os.linux.setup -

"If you want to be read by a wider audience, you really want to post
from
someplace other than Google Groups. Many (most?) readers of the
Linux
lists kill everything from there automatically."

Unfortunately it seems that their newsgroup does not have a mail
gateway, so I cannot use gmane. (Please correct me if I am wrong). I
will therefore have to find a suitable news client. Any
recommendations?

Frank Millman

I use Gnus, I don't kill posts from groups.google.com and I don't get a
lot of spam. When I do I just press 'Laep<enter>'.