OT Newsfeed test

Default User

Sorry about this.

Our newsfeed here has periodic problems where posts to our main feed
don't make it outside. Unfortunately, the alt groups are on a different
feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

Anyway, if this post makes it out, a brief reply would be appreciated.

Brian Rodenborn

Christopher Benson-Manica

Default User said:
Our newsfeed here has periodic problems where posts to our main feed
don't make it outside. Unfortunately, the alt groups are on a different
feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

Test successful.

August said:
Nope, I didn't see this at all.

Ever.

Not once.

Oh well, I guess I'll put in a complaint and try to get that lying IT
guy fired. Thanks for the info.

Brian Rodenborn

Keith Thompson

Sorry about this.

Our newsfeed here has periodic problems where posts to our main feed
don't make it outside. Unfortunately, the alt groups are on a different
feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

In the future, please try misc.test. Test posts to comp.lang.c are
inappropriate.

CBFalconer

Default said:
Sorry about this.

Our newsfeed here has periodic problems where posts to our main feed
don't make it outside. Unfortunately, the alt groups are on a different
feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

Anyway, if this post makes it out, a brief reply would be appreciated.

It got out.

Keith Thompson wrote:
feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.
In the future, please try misc.test.

I wasn't aware of that group. I'm not sure if that one uses our main
feed or the other one.
Test posts to comp.lang.c are inappropriate.

I think I explained my reasons for wanting to use one of the newsgroups
that is exhibiting the problem. I'm a regular here, clearly marked the
post as OT, and explained why I was going outside the normal conventions
for testing, which are normally to check the news software's settings.

Brian Rodenborn

Keith Thompson

Keith Thompson wrote:
feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

I wasn't aware of that group. I'm not sure if that one uses our main
feed or the other one.

I think I explained my reasons for wanting to use one of the newsgroups
that is exhibiting the problem. I'm a regular here, clearly marked the
post as OT, and explained why I was going outside the normal conventions
for testing, which are normally to check the news software's settings.

Ok, fair enough.

For future reference, there's also a comp.test newsgroup.

(If I needed to test a specific newsgroup, I'd probably try to find
something topical to say, but that's just me.)

E. Robert Tisdale

Keith Thompson wrote:
feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

I wasn't aware of that group.
I'm not sure if that one uses our main feed or the other one.

I think I explained my reasons for wanting to use one of the newsgroups
that is exhibiting the problem. I'm a regular here, clearly marked the
post as OT, and explained why I was going outside the normal conventions
for testing, which are normally to check the news software's settings.

It's fun to watch trolls feed on each other every once in a while ;-)