    feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

    Anyway, if this post makes it out, a brief reply would be appreciated.

    Brian Rodenborn

    Default User, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Default User <> spoke thus:

    > Our newsfeed here has periodic problems where posts to our main feed
    > don't make it outside. Unfortunately, the alt groups are on a different
    > feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

    Test successful.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Default User

    Default User Guest

    Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

    > Default User <> spoke thus:
    >
    > > Our newsfeed here has periodic problems where posts to our main feed
    > > don't make it outside. Unfortunately, the alt groups are on a different
    > > feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

    > Test successful.

    Thanks. The IT guys reported that they had it fixed, looks like that is
    the case. Hurrah.

    Brian Rodenborn

  4. Default User <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Anyway, if this post makes it out, a brief reply would be appreciated.

    Nope, I didn't see this at all.

    Ever.

    Not once.

    August Derleth, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Default User

    August Derleth wrote:

    > Default User <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Anyway, if this post makes it out, a brief reply would be appreciated.

    > Nope, I didn't see this at all.
    >
    > Ever.
    >
    > Not once.

    Oh well, I guess I'll put in a complaint and try to get that lying IT
    guy fired. Thanks for the info.

    Brian Rodenborn

  6. Default User <> writes:
    > Sorry about this.
    >
    > Our newsfeed here has periodic problems where posts to our main feed
    > don't make it outside. Unfortunately, the alt groups are on a different
    > feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

    In the future, please try misc.test. Test posts to comp.lang.c are
    inappropriate.

    Keith Thompson, Oct 22, 2003
  7. Default User

    CBFalconer Guest

    Default User wrote:

    > Sorry about this.
    >
    > Our newsfeed here has periodic problems where posts to our main feed
    > don't make it outside. Unfortunately, the alt groups are on a different
    > feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.
    >
    > Anyway, if this post makes it out, a brief reply would be appreciated.

    It got out.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, Oct 22, 2003
  8. Default User

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

    > In the future, please try misc.test.

    I wasn't aware of that group. I'm not sure if that one uses our main
    feed or the other one.

    > Test posts to comp.lang.c are inappropriate.

    I think I explained my reasons for wanting to use one of the newsgroups
    that is exhibiting the problem. I'm a regular here, clearly marked the
    post as OT, and explained why I was going outside the normal conventions
    for testing, which are normally to check the news software's settings.

    Brian Rodenborn

    Default User, Oct 22, 2003
  9. Default User <> writes:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    > feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.
    > >
    > > In the future, please try misc.test.

    > I wasn't aware of that group. I'm not sure if that one uses our main
    > feed or the other one.
    >
    > > Test posts to comp.lang.c are inappropriate.

    > I think I explained my reasons for wanting to use one of the newsgroups
    > that is exhibiting the problem. I'm a regular here, clearly marked the
    > post as OT, and explained why I was going outside the normal conventions
    > for testing, which are normally to check the news software's settings.

    Ok, fair enough.

    For future reference, there's also a comp.test newsgroup.

    (If I needed to test a specific newsgroup, I'd probably try to find
    something topical to say, but that's just me.)

    Keith Thompson, Oct 22, 2003
  10. Default User wrote:

    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    > feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.
    >
    >>In the future, please try misc.test.

    > I wasn't aware of that group.
    > I'm not sure if that one uses our main feed or the other one.
    >
    >>Test posts to comp.lang.c are inappropriate.

    > I think I explained my reasons for wanting to use one of the newsgroups
    > that is exhibiting the problem. I'm a regular here, clearly marked the
    > post as OT, and explained why I was going outside the normal conventions
    > for testing, which are normally to check the news software's settings.

    It's fun to watch trolls feed on each other every once in a while ;-)

    E. Robert Tisdale, Oct 22, 2003
  11. Default User

    "E. Robert Tisdale" wrote:

    > It's fun to watch trolls feed on each other every once in a while ;-)

    You ought to know.

    Brian Rodenborn