OT: Will a Google search do this?

Steve K

I'm developing a site for a program here at Cornell University and on
their site they have a publications page.

They want an individual search option just for this page. Where the user
would enter keywords to search for their publications. Keywords are
limited to words in the title, Author, date.

After they enter their keyword and hit "Submit," I would like each
publication that contains that keyword to show up on the results page.

I'm guessing adding a Google search to just search that page is not
gonna work the way they want it to. Because what I know of Google, their
searches just return web pages, not specific content on those pages.

If this won't work could anyone give me some pointers on how this type
of search would be possible?

Thanks
Steve

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Steve said:
I'm developing

Please don't multi-post. Cross-post only if/when necessary.
How about looking for answers in c.i.w.a.h?

Oh wait. Someone already answered there and said if it is OT, why post
there? <g>

As for an answer? If your pages are in a database, you could write a
search routing to display a list of links where the search word was
found in your db.