OT: Will a Google search do this?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Steve K, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. Steve K

    Steve K Guest

    I'm developing a site for a program here at Cornell University and on
    their site they have a publications page.

    They want an individual search option just for this page. Where the user
    would enter keywords to search for their publications. Keywords are
    limited to words in the title, Author, date.

    After they enter their keyword and hit "Submit," I would like each
    publication that contains that keyword to show up on the results page.

    I'm guessing adding a Google search to just search that page is not
    gonna work the way they want it to. Because what I know of Google, their
    searches just return web pages, not specific content on those pages.

    If this won't work could anyone give me some pointers on how this type
    of search would be possible?

    Thanks
    Steve

    Steve K, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Steve K wrote:
    > I'm developing

    Please don't multi-post. Cross-post only if/when necessary.
    How about looking for answers in c.i.w.a.h?

    Oh wait. Someone already answered there and said if it is OT, why post
    there? <g>

    As for an answer? If your pages are in a database, you could write a
    search routing to display a list of links where the search word was
    found in your db.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.