    my system same thing happens. I am not sure if it is a
    connection issue, an internal modem issues, or a dialin
    issue. HELP!!!!!!
    Joe Doyle, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Joe Doyle

    Ray at Guest

    Is this on your own site and server, or are you talking about other sites?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Sep 23, 2003

  3. First, figure out what the real issue is. http://www.aspfaq.com/2109

    And what do you mean, all web pages on the Internet say that, or just the
    ones on your own server?

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Sep 23, 2003
  4. Joe Doyle

    Joe Doyle Guest

    Yes this is on my windows 2000 server at home. I connect
    to the internet through PPP dialin service. I can view
    several pages before it hangs then I get the message. then
    in order to get back online I have to reboot,. Not good!

    Joe Doyle, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Joe Doyle

    Joe Doyle Guest

    I'm do not have an active server as of yet but I do
    searches on www and those pages are not displaying. this
    problem started about a week ago. I update to SP4 through
    a CD because the darn thing would quit on me saying it
    could connect to site

    Joe Doyle, Sep 23, 2003
  6. Joe Doyle

    Guest Guest

    talking about other sites

    Guest, Sep 23, 2003
  7. Joe Doyle

    Joe doyle Guest

    Aaron thanks for the info!!!! good public service!!

    Joe doyle, Sep 23, 2003
  8. "Joe Doyle" <> wrote in message
    > I'm do not have an active server as of yet but I do
    > searches on www and those pages are not displaying. this
    > problem started about a week ago. I update to SP4 through
    > a CD because the darn thing would quit on me saying it
    > could connect to site

    This question is probably better suited to m.p.w2k.windows_update or
    m.p.w2k.networking. However, since you are here, others have reported
    the same slow down/timing out issues you are encountering after
    installing W2K SP4. Here are two (2) possible resolutions

    1. Uninstall and then reinstall the TCP/IP protocol.

    OR

    2. Set the following registry key to 0 (zero).

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Tc
    pip1323Oopts

    IMPORTANT NOTE!!!: BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE DOING THIS!!!
    Usually, I don't like to shout but I will not be held liable when the
    stuff hits the fan. ;-p

    HTH
    -Chris

    P.S. What is Tcpip1323Oopts you ask? Well it is based on RFC 1323 of
    course. Wise ass comments aside, RFC 1323 refers to "TCP Extensions for
    High Performance". Specifically Tcpip1323Oopts deals with windows
    scaling and round trip timing. Of the two(2) it is windows scaling is
    the one that's causing problems. SP4 heralds a change in Microsoft's TCP
    header. Probably more information than you wanted, but there it is. Here
    are some links:

    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1323.html
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/network/deploy/depovg/tcpip2k.asp
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224829