PAR with active state: Compress::Zlib object version 1.22 does notmatch bootstrap parameter 1.16

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Graham Wood, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. Graham Wood

    Graham Wood Guest

    Can anyone advise me how to get pp to work with activestate perl
    Binary build 638 provided by ActiveState Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
    ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
    Built Apr 13 2004 19:24:21

    I've just installed this build of Perl on win2k and then the PAR module
    as supplied by ActiveState and running pp gives me this error.

    Do I have to get a C compiler and the source for version 1.16 of the
    Compress::Zlib module or is there a less labour intensive way of getting
    executables built with lots of modules included without having to buy a
    license for something?

    I'm assuming I can't hack anything without rebuilding the xs parts of
    the compress::Zlib module.

    Suggestions welcome

    Thanks

    Graham

    Graham Wood, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Graham Wood

    Alan Stewart Guest

    Re: PAR with active state: Compress::Zlib object version 1.22 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.16

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:48:39 +0100, Graham Wood
    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone advise me how to get pp to work with activestate perl
    >Binary build 638 provided by ActiveState Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
    >ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
    >Built Apr 13 2004 19:24:21
    >
    >I've just installed this build of Perl on win2k and then the PAR module
    >as supplied by ActiveState and running pp gives me this error.
    >
    >Do I have to get a C compiler and the source for version 1.16 of the
    >Compress::Zlib module or is there a less labour intensive way of getting
    >executables built with lots of modules included without having to buy a
    >license for something?
    >
    >I'm assuming I can't hack anything without rebuilding the xs parts of
    >the compress::Zlib module.
    >
    >Suggestions welcome
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Graham

    It's a mismatch between the version of Zlib with your ActiveState Perl
    and the Zlib in the pre-built PAR package. Someone could build the PAR
    package to match, but you don't have a compiler and I don't have Zlib
    1.22 installed.

    You could download the zip file copy of ActiveState build 635 and
    extract just site\lib\Compress\ and site\lib\auto\Compress\ to
    downgrade to version 1.16.

    Or try the PAR mailing list to see if anyone has a pre-built to match.

    Alan

    Alan Stewart, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Graham Wood

    Graham Wood Guest

    Alan Stewart wrote:
    > You could download the zip file copy of ActiveState build 635 and
    > extract just site\lib\Compress\ and site\lib\auto\Compress\ to
    > downgrade to version 1.16.

    Thanks Allen, I'll try the binary 635 build option.

    Graham

    Graham Wood, Jun 26, 2004