PAR with active state: Compress::Zlib object version 1.22 does notmatch bootstrap parameter 1.16

Graham Wood

Can anyone advise me how to get pp to work with activestate perl
Binary build 638 provided by ActiveState Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
Built Apr 13 2004 19:24:21

I've just installed this build of Perl on win2k and then the PAR module
as supplied by ActiveState and running pp gives me this error.

Do I have to get a C compiler and the source for version 1.16 of the
Compress::Zlib module or is there a less labour intensive way of getting
executables built with lots of modules included without having to buy a
license for something?

I'm assuming I can't hack anything without rebuilding the xs parts of
the compress::Zlib module.

Suggestions welcome

Thanks

Graham

Alan Stewart

Can anyone advise me how to get pp to work with activestate perl
Binary build 638 provided by ActiveState Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
Built Apr 13 2004 19:24:21

I've just installed this build of Perl on win2k and then the PAR module
as supplied by ActiveState and running pp gives me this error.

Do I have to get a C compiler and the source for version 1.16 of the
Compress::Zlib module or is there a less labour intensive way of getting
executables built with lots of modules included without having to buy a
license for something?

I'm assuming I can't hack anything without rebuilding the xs parts of
the compress::Zlib module.

Suggestions welcome

Thanks

Graham

It's a mismatch between the version of Zlib with your ActiveState Perl
and the Zlib in the pre-built PAR package. Someone could build the PAR
package to match, but you don't have a compiler and I don't have Zlib
1.22 installed.

You could download the zip file copy of ActiveState build 635 and
extract just site\lib\Compress\ and site\lib\auto\Compress\ to
downgrade to version 1.16.

Or try the PAR mailing list to see if anyone has a pre-built to match.

Alan

Graham Wood

Alan said:
You could download the zip file copy of ActiveState build 635 and
extract just site\lib\Compress\ and site\lib\auto\Compress\ to
downgrade to version 1.16.

Thanks Allen, I'll try the binary 635 build option.

Graham