Parser Error

Marshall

Hi All,

I am building an asp.net web app using Visual Studio 2003. Today I created
a new folder called 'Secured' at the root of my web app so I could partition
off all of the restricted content. Up until that point the restricted files
were in the root folder of the web app so I moved them to the Secured
folder. From within IIS I made the Secured folder a Vir. Dir. Ever since
then I the following error:
Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'JailLink.Secured.Login'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Login.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="JailLink.Secured.Login" %>
Line 2: <html>
Line 3: <head>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\JailLink\Secured\Login.aspx Line: 1

I tried adding the 'Src' attribute to the Page directive which made
everything work but Visual Studio freaked out about the Src attribute so I
had to remove it.

Thank you for your help,

Marshall

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Marshall,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
Regarding on the "Could not load type...." problem, based on my experience,
it's likely due to the configuration of your "secuired" sub dir. As you
mentioned that you've explicitly create it as a virtual dir, generally this
is not necessary, because each regular folder under a certain virtual dir
is automatically become a sub virtual folder. Have you made that "secured"
sub folder an "Application" ? You can check in the IIS management console
to see whether that virtual dir has an application name. If so, please
remove the application name(don't make it an application) since when we
make a certain folder as a separate application, the pages in it will look
for page class or other component class in the local "bin" dir rather than
its parent app's "bin" dir.

Please have a check on this and if there're any other finding, please feel
free to post here.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "Marshall" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Parser Error
| Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:54:24 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi All,
|
| I am building an asp.net web app using Visual Studio 2003. Today I
created
| a new folder called 'Secured' at the root of my web app so I could
partition
| off all of the restricted content. Up until that point the restricted
files
| were in the root folder of the web app so I moved them to the Secured
| folder. From within IIS I made the Secured folder a Vir. Dir. Ever
since
| then I the following error:
| Parser Error
| service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
| details and modify your source file appropriately.
|
| Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'JailLink.Secured.Login'.
|
| Source Error:
|

| Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Login.aspx.cs"
| AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="JailLink.Secured.Login" %>
| Line 2: <html>
| Line 3: <head>
|

| Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\JailLink\Secured\Login.aspx Line: 1
|
| I tried adding the 'Src' attribute to the Page directive which made
| everything work but Visual Studio freaked out about the Src attribute so
| had to remove it.
|
| Thank you for your help,
|
| Marshall

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Marshall,

How are you doing on this issue and are those suggestions in my last reply
of assistance? If there're anything else we can help, please feel free to
post here.

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:23:54 GMT
| Subject: RE: Parser Error
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Marshall,
|
| Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
| Regarding on the "Could not load type...." problem, based on my
experience,
| it's likely due to the configuration of your "secuired" sub dir. As you
| mentioned that you've explicitly create it as a virtual dir, generally
this
| is not necessary, because each regular folder under a certain virtual dir
| is automatically become a sub virtual folder. Have you made that
"secured"
| sub folder an "Application" ? You can check in the IIS management console
| to see whether that virtual dir has an application name. If so, please
| remove the application name(don't make it an application) since when we
| make a certain folder as a separate application, the pages in it will
look
| for page class or other component class in the local "bin" dir rather
than
| its parent app's "bin" dir.
|
| Please have a check on this and if there're any other finding, please
feel
| free to post here.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
|

| --------------------
| | From: "Marshall" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Parser Error
| | Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:54:24 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| |
| | Hi All,
| |
| | I am building an asp.net web app using Visual Studio 2003. Today I
| created
| | a new folder called 'Secured' at the root of my web app so I could
| partition
| | off all of the restricted content. Up until that point the restricted
| files
| | were in the root folder of the web app so I moved them to the Secured
| | folder. From within IIS I made the Secured folder a Vir. Dir. Ever
| since
| | then I the following error:
| | Parser Error
required
| | service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
| | details and modify your source file appropriately.
| |
| | Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'JailLink.Secured.Login'.
| |
| | Source Error:
| |
| |
| | Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Login.aspx.cs"
| | AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="JailLink.Secured.Login" %>
| | Line 2: <html>
| | Line 3: <head>
| |
| |
| | Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\JailLink\Secured\Login.aspx Line: 1
| |
| | I tried adding the 'Src' attribute to the Page directive which made
| | everything work but Visual Studio freaked out about the Src attribute
so
| | had to remove it.
| |
| | Thank you for your help,