Passing Large Size Data over Network

YU

Hello!
There is one problem which has been causing me much trouble.
(Perhaps I haven't got enough exp on app development in Java)
In a network environment, we have to develop a system to transmit
large size data (several hundred MB). When using RMI, or J2EE, or
other distributed framework, how can this be done? Thanks!

YU

Paul Lutus

YU said:
Hello!
There is one problem which has been causing me much trouble.
(Perhaps I haven't got enough exp on app development in Java)
In a network environment, we have to develop a system to transmit
large size data (several hundred MB). When using RMI, or J2EE, or
other distributed framework, how can this be done? Thanks!

Your question is too open-ended. What have you tried, and what difficulties
did you encounter?

Kevin McMurtrie

YU <[email protected]> said:
Hello!
There is one problem which has been causing me much trouble.
(Perhaps I haven't got enough exp on app development in Java)
In a network environment, we have to develop a system to transmit
large size data (several hundred MB). When using RMI, or J2EE, or
other distributed framework, how can this be done? Thanks!

YU

Just use a socket. Put gzip input and output streams around it if it's
compressible data.