Path to WebResource.axd

Mark Rae

Hi,

I'm developing an intranet for a client. On my development machine, I have
created a virtual directory called, fairly unimaginatively, intranet.

However, the client wants to deploy the app into its own site, rather than
into a virtual directory, on the production server.

Problem now is that the production site can't find WebResource.axd.

When I do a View Source on my development workstation, the location is
<script src="/intranet/WebResource.axd..."> which is correct.

But on the production server, it should be <script src="WebResource.axd...">

Is there a way to specify the path into which ASP.NET creates the
WebResource.axd file?

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark

Michael Schwarz

It will always be the root folder of your web application. With Visual
Studio internal web server it will be always a sub folder. ASP.NET will set
the correct path automatically.

--
Best regards | Schöne Grüße
Michael

http://weblogs.asp.net/mschwarz/
http://www.ajaxpro.info/

Mark Rae

It will always be the root folder of your web application. With Visual
Studio internal web server it will be always a sub folder. ASP.NET will
set the correct path automatically.

So why is it not...?

Mark Rae

are you using a virtual application folder in IIS on the production
server?
No.

And, what do you get as path there?
???

How do you include the WebResource.axd?

What do you mean by how do *I* include it...*I* don't do anything - it just
happens as part of ASP.NET 2, does it not...?

Michael Schwarz

Hi Mark,

Mark Rae said:
It will always be the root folder of your web application. With Visual
Studio internal web server it will be always a sub folder. ASP.NET will
set the correct path automatically.

So why is it not...?
[...]
How do you include the WebResource.axd?

What do you mean by how do *I* include it...*I* don't do anything - it
just happens as part of ASP.NET 2, does it not...?

yes, but where is the problem, is the path there wrong?

Michael

Mark Rae

Mark Rae said:
It will always be the root folder of your web application. With Visual
Studio internal web server it will be always a sub folder. ASP.NET
will set the correct path automatically.

So why is it not...?
[...]
How do you include the WebResource.axd?

What do you mean by how do *I* include it...*I* don't do anything - it
just happens as part of ASP.NET 2, does it not...?

yes, but where is the problem, is the path there wrong?

Michael,

The problem is as I outlined in the original post - I obviously haven't
explained it clearly enough...

On the development workstation running WinXPPro, the web application resides
within a virtual directory called intranet. When the web application is
running on the development workstation, the path to WebResource.axd as shown
in View Source is <script src="/intranet/WebResource.axd..."> - this is
correct, works.

On the production server running Win2ks3, the web application is deployed in
its own site, not a virtual directory as such. When the web application is
running on the development environment, the path to WebResource.axd as
showin in View Source is *also* <script
src="/intranet/WebResource.axd..."> - this is not correct, and does not
work - it should be <script src="/WebResource.axd...">

Two things make the web application work on the production server:

1) to create a subfolder called intranet in the web site and deploy all of
the files into that

2) to deploy the site into a virtual directory

There is obviously something somewhere which is telling ASP.NET to create
the WebResource.axd file in a subfolder called intranet...

Mark

Michael Schwarz [MVP]

Very strange... is it a small project? Maybe you can send me the files and I
will test it in my environment. What is if you put it on a different Windows
Server?