    suggestions on how to best implement these requirements.

    --
    Stephajn Craig
    Stephajn Craig, Jun 26, 2003

  2. This is a start....

    The information I'm "protecting" and at the same time showing is coming out
    of a database. The output is a datagrid bound to a datatable. The thought
    occurs to me to pass the datatable through an XML transformation (perhaps
    using an XSD file?) for whatever user is currently looking at it. And, to
    use another XML file for determining the type of transformation to take
    place. This way, no changes would have to be made to the underlying code of
    the application, but rather to an XML file.

    But while I may have a bit of theoretical design in mind,
    1. I don't know if it's correct.
    2. I don't have any idea how to implement this theory if I AM right.

    --
    Stephajn Craig
    "Marty McDonald" <> wrote in message
    > I'm just learning XML myself. Concerning the information you're trying to
    > protect, is it an XML file too? If so, you can use namespace prefixes
    > throughout that XML document. Each prefix would represent the kind of

    role
    > a person requires to view that particular information. From there, you can
    > use whatever method you'd like (such as XML transforms?) to get only those
    > fields a particular person is allowed to view. I know this might be

    vague,
    > but maybe someone can elaborate further.
    > Marty
    >
    > "Stephajn Craig" <> wrote in message
    > > I've got an application that many supervisors are going to use.

    However,
    > > each one needs to see a different part of the information. Some

    > supervisors
    > > will all have the same view of the information with the same fields

    > showing.
    > > Others have variations on those fields to see.
    > >
    > > The idea is that when an error is made in a certain business process, a

    > log
    > > entry of it would be made. The department responsible would have its
    > > supervisor notified by e-mail. So, in our database, we have a list of

    all
    > > the departments, but no easy association from the Department to its
    > > supervisor. (Perhaps that's something I'll need to work on)
    > >
    > > Anyways, what I want to do is to store an XML file of the department

    ID's
    > > and the ID of the supervisor to send an e-mail to. Not only that, but

    I'd

    Stephajn Craig, Jun 26, 2003