Perl - Absolute min. environment required.

Prabh

Hi,
What is the absolute minimum required environment to execute a Perl
program?

I want to execute a .pl on a PC which doesnt have Perl installed.
I was thinking of copying the Perl .exes on to a network drive and
invoke the intepreter from there.
Something along the lines,

<%> <path-to-network-drive>\perl.exe C:\foo.pl

Could anyone, please tell me what all do I need to copy to the
network?
If the Perl install changes the registry, how do I ensure they still
work on User PC?

If this is not possible, is there any Perl-LITE that can be installed
locally?

Thanks,
Prabh

James Willmore

On 5 Sep 2003 11:29:05 -0700
Hi,
What is the absolute minimum required environment to execute a Perl
program?

This is covered several places on the 'Net:
http://www.perl.com/
http://www.activestate.com/
http://perldoc.com/
I want to execute a .pl on a PC which doesnt have Perl installed.
I was thinking of copying the Perl .exes on to a network drive and
invoke the intepreter from there.
Something along the lines,

<%> <path-to-network-drive>\perl.exe C:\foo.pl

Do _NOT_ just copy files. If you are a long time Windows user, you
should know better.
Could anyone, please tell me what all do I need to copy to the
network?

Go to the places listed above that offer documentation.
If the Perl install changes the registry, how do I ensure they still
work on User PC?

Which is why you _don't_ just copy files on a Windows platform :)
If this is not possible, is there any Perl-LITE that can be
installed locally?

Yes - go to the places where the documentation is located to find out
how to install Perl.
Thanks,
Prabh

I will thank you _after_ you do some more research :)

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
All I can think of is a platter of organic PRUNE CRISPS being
trampled by an army of swarthy, Italian LOUNGE SINGERS ...

Peter Cooper

James Willmore said:
If you are a long time Windows user, you should know better.

I'd argue that if you /are/ a long time Windows user, you clearly don't know
better ;-)

Pete