    triggers, etc. Does anyone know of anyplace where samples are for Perl
    scripts that might be used with Legato AAM? I'm really trying to see
    if there is some repository in the sky for this sort of stuff.

    catfish_face, Oct 15, 2003

  2. On 15 Oct 2003 11:22:44 -0700
    (catfish_face) wrote:

    > Legato AAM has a built-in Perl interpreter for processing rules,
    > triggers, etc. Does anyone know of anyplace where samples are for
    > Perl scripts that might be used with Legato AAM? I'm really trying
    > to see if there is some repository in the sky for this sort of
    > stuff.

    Short answer: no.

    Long answer: What is AAM? Backup software? If so, have you checked
    out the Legato web site to see if they posted some samples? Or called
    support for further direction? Some vendors put out Perl modules or
    thier own Perl SDK's, but they are totally unsupported (Remedy, I
    think, puts one out, but they tell you straight up that it's a "on
    your own" adventure).

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    This is the LAST time I take travel suggestions from Ray
    <Bradbury!

    James Willmore, Oct 16, 2003

  3. catfish_face

    catfish_face Guest

    Jim,
    Thank you for your reply.

    Legato AAM is Legato Automated Availability Manager. It is a
    high-availability clustering package for the heterogeneous application
    environment. To perform automated functions, it utilizes its own
    built-in Perl 5.6 interpreter (at least in release 5.0 it is this
    level of Perl.) The Perl interpreter has some proprietary functions
    that are used for product-specific purposes. This is really cool
    stuff, and I was hoping somebodys out there who had gotten as excited
    about it as I have might know of a repository. A lot of the things
    that are done have to do with checking system performance, checking
    for the existance of certain processes, etc. So related administrative
    scipts might also be useful and adaptable to the environment.

    The environment runs on Windows, Solaris, RH Linux, AIX, and HP-UX,
    and, like I said, can be heterogeneous. They use their own Perl so
    there are not release issues to contend with.

    I have checked with engineers at Legato, and been told they have no
    "contributed program library". But I've found that there are often
    places on the net where people drop stuff that is highly functional,
    even if imperfect at times. I was hoping there was such a thing for
    Legato-specific things.

    Thanks again for the reply. I hope this clarifies things for you.

    catfish_face, Oct 17, 2003