Perl in Legato AAM

catfish_face

Legato AAM has a built-in Perl interpreter for processing rules,
triggers, etc. Does anyone know of anyplace where samples are for Perl
scripts that might be used with Legato AAM? I'm really trying to see
if there is some repository in the sky for this sort of stuff.

James Willmore

On 15 Oct 2003 11:22:44 -0700
Legato AAM has a built-in Perl interpreter for processing rules,
triggers, etc. Does anyone know of anyplace where samples are for
Perl scripts that might be used with Legato AAM? I'm really trying
to see if there is some repository in the sky for this sort of
stuff.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: What is AAM? Backup software? If so, have you checked
out the Legato web site to see if they posted some samples? Or called
support for further direction? Some vendors put out Perl modules or
thier own Perl SDK's, but they are totally unsupported (Remedy, I
think, puts one out, but they tell you straight up that it's a "on
your own" adventure).

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
This is the LAST time I take travel suggestions from Ray
<Bradbury!

catfish_face

Jim,
Thank you for your reply.

Legato AAM is Legato Automated Availability Manager. It is a
high-availability clustering package for the heterogeneous application
environment. To perform automated functions, it utilizes its own
built-in Perl 5.6 interpreter (at least in release 5.0 it is this
level of Perl.) The Perl interpreter has some proprietary functions
that are used for product-specific purposes. This is really cool
stuff, and I was hoping somebodys out there who had gotten as excited
about it as I have might know of a repository. A lot of the things
that are done have to do with checking system performance, checking
for the existance of certain processes, etc. So related administrative
scipts might also be useful and adaptable to the environment.

The environment runs on Windows, Solaris, RH Linux, AIX, and HP-UX,
and, like I said, can be heterogeneous. They use their own Perl so
there are not release issues to contend with.

I have checked with engineers at Legato, and been told they have no
"contributed program library". But I've found that there are often
places on the net where people drop stuff that is highly functional,
even if imperfect at times. I was hoping there was such a thing for
Legato-specific things.

Thanks again for the reply. I hope this clarifies things for you.