    solutions. I tried accessing the Server vaiables and the server enviroment
    but that is useless.

    Floortje
    Floortje, Nov 25, 2004

  2. On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:08:35 +0100, Floortje wrote:
    > I read somewhere that java can detect the proxy settings of a user and
    > preferably the real ip (and then send them to my server or add them as a
    > hidden variable etc).

    Anything that Java can detect on the clientside (and I doubt
    it could do what you want, certainly not without a signed
    applet, or a Java application) can be overcome by a bit of
    hacking. Java is not a solution to this problem.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Nov 25, 2004

  3. Floortje

    Floortje Guest

    "Andrew Thompson" <> schreef in bericht
    > On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:08:35 +0100, Floortje wrote:
    > > I read somewhere that java can detect the proxy settings of a user and
    > > preferably the real ip (and then send them to my server or add them as a
    > > hidden variable etc).

    > Anything that Java can detect on the clientside (and I doubt
    > it could do what you want, certainly not without a signed
    > applet, or a Java application) can be overcome by a bit of
    > hacking. Java is not a solution to this problem.

    Ok, thx. But int his case anything is better then nothing. Any suggestions ?

    Floortje
    Floortje, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Floortje wrote:
    > Hi, I have got a huge problem. I maintain a forum om my website
    > www.cavalierpage.com on the dog breed cavalier king charles spaniel. For the
    > past few weeks someone has been terrorizing my page from anonimous proxy's.
    > Maybe needless to say that there are thousends of them so I can hardly block
    > them all.

    You didn't give the type of thread (and it is anyhow not on-topic in
    this group), so just a general hint: There are block lists out there
    which might work for you.

    > I read somewhere that java can detect the proxy settings of a user and
    > preferably the real ip (and then send them to my server or add them as a
    > hidden variable etc).

    No, the term "proxy" is used for a lot of different things in networking
    and computer technology. Java can't help you here at all.

    So, since this is not Java related, you might ask in a computer-security
    related group. Or hire a security consultant, talk to your ISP, etc.

    If you talk to these people, make sure you provide some more information
    than just what you gave us (e.g. type of attack).

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Nov 25, 2004
  5. Floortje

    dadino

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    You can achieve that in php for eg. checkbrowser.info Do you want me to send you the code?
    dadino, Oct 16, 2009