Please Help!

Derek Martin

Hello, I have a Windowd 2000 Server running the .NET framework and IIS5 with
FP 2002 Extensions. I am trying to create an ASP.NET web application
remotely from my workstation. I installed the remote tools for VS2003 on
the server.

Every time I try to create a web based project, I am getting a 500 Server
error in VS.

Can someone please help!?

Thanks,
Derek

Guest

when you say remotely, what do you mean?
If your server is on the same domain/network, then just make sure you've taken the VS.net DVD/CD and installed the server required development files on the server. If done correctly you'll have a VSDevelopers group in the Win2K Active directory/or Computer Mgmt. You must add yourself (your account) to this group. Then whne you create a new project point to this server (by name or IP) and the wwwroot directory (or whereever project will reside).

The remote tools, and I might be wrong on this, are used for other features than connection to the development server. Like debug, etc.

Chris Lynn