Pmw EntryWidget Help

Greg Lindstrom

Hello-

I am working with the Pmw EntryWidget and would like to know how to set the
length of the field that contains the entered text (not the label portion).
I would like to extend the field to hold (and display) longer values than
the default.

Thanks!
--greg

Greg Lindstrom (501) 975-4859
NovaSys Health (e-mail address removed)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" W.W.

Eric Brunel

Greg said:
Hello-

I am working with the Pmw EntryWidget and would like to know how to set the
length of the field that contains the entered text (not the label portion).
I would like to extend the field to hold (and display) longer values than
the default.

The options for the individual widgets in Pmw mega-widgets are usually of the
form <component name>_<option name>

The EntryField reference manual @ http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/EntryField.html
gives you the component name ("entry"), which is a Tkinter.Entry by default. So
the width option in this entry is accessed in the EntryField via entry_width

HTH