pop up IE Internet Options Security Tab

Simon

Hello scripters,

I was wondering if there exists a method to pop up the Security Tab of the
IE's Internet Options dialog window using Javascript. (Probably not, I have
searched a bit, but who knows.)
I tell my user he can go to the "Tools" menu item and choose the "Internet
Options" option, or he can double-click on the righthand part of the
statusbar, where the current security zone is displayed. But I would also
like to offer a link or button which would invoke this magic method. It 's
on a page where I expect people to have added the site to their Trusted
Sites list already, if that makes any difference.

BTW, at the moment I don't have an English IE version available. Could
anyone tell me which is the shortcut key, the underlined letter in the word
"Statusbar" under the "View" menu?

Great thanks.
Simon

stephen.cunliffe

Simon,

The keys for the menu, in English are:
(capital == underlined)
View > status Bar

As for calling the internet options dialog? not in JavaScript.

Simon

Simon,
The keys for the menu, in English are:
(capital == underlined)
View > status Bar

As for calling the internet options dialog? not in JavaScript.

Thanks for the firm confirmation and for the letter B.
Just for possible future referring, would anyone know of hand a place where
these shortcut keys are listed, for any or all languages?
With returnvalue,
Simon.

Randy Webb

Simon said the following on 6/15/2006 10:05 PM:
Thanks for the firm confirmation and for the letter B.

For what it's worth, in my IE6 the letter B toggles the statusbar but
there is no underline to it. For that matter, what I see is "Status Bar"
where both S and B are capitalized.