possible to prevent select all on double click?

PJ6

Is there a way to prevent the double-click event on an element from causing
IE6 to select everything? Cancelling the event doesn't work.

Paul

Just Me

This is a client issue

U need to use javascript to detect the double click,

var sumbitted = false;

<yourButton onLick="javacript:AsumbmitFunction()";

function AsumbitFunction()
{

if ( submitted ) { alert('Be Patient Please');} else { submitted=true;
__doSubmit( . . . . . .. etc

PJ6

I don't want to annoy the user with alert('Be Patient Please') on every
double click, nor do I want to submit anything.

Maybe my question was not clear... I have no intrest at all in submitting a
form; I want to stop the browser from automatically selecting text in an
element that has been double-clicked.

Paul

ThunderMusic

hi,
Actually, changing the default behavior of the browser may annoy the user as
much as an alert box. IMHO, If the user is used to double-click to select
everything and you change this behavior, the user will feel it's not right..
at least, I'd do.

I hope it helps (a bit)

ThunderMusic

PJ6

If it's a grid control asking the user to double-click on an item to
navigate to its details tab, then the auto-selection behavior looks really
ugly; it often selects text outside the grid and half the rest of the page,
even after an AJAX response has already replaced much of the render of what
the user was looking at. In this context, the default behavior of the
browser isn't even remotely what a user expects.

Paul