    Is there a way to prevent the double-click event on an element from causing
    IE6 to select everything? Cancelling the event doesn't work.

    Paul
    PJ6, Sep 19, 2007

  2. PJ6

    Just Me Guest

    This is a client issue

    U need to use javascript to detect the double click,

    var sumbitted = false;

    <yourButton onLick="javacript:AsumbmitFunction()";

    function AsumbitFunction()
    {

    if ( submitted ) { alert('Be Patient Please');} else { submitted=true;
    __doSubmit( . . . . . .. etc

    }

    Just Me, Sep 19, 2007

  3. PJ6

    PJ6 Guest

    I don't want to annoy the user with alert('Be Patient Please') on every
    double click, nor do I want to submit anything.

    Maybe my question was not clear... I have no intrest at all in submitting a
    form; I want to stop the browser from automatically selecting text in an
    element that has been double-clicked.

    Paul

    PJ6, Sep 19, 2007
  4. PJ6

    ThunderMusic Guest

    hi,
    Actually, changing the default behavior of the browser may annoy the user as
    much as an alert box. IMHO, If the user is used to double-click to select
    everything and you change this behavior, the user will feel it's not right..
    at least, I'd do.

    I hope it helps (a bit)

    ThunderMusic

    ThunderMusic, Sep 19, 2007
  5. PJ6

    PJ6 Guest

    If it's a grid control asking the user to double-click on an item to
    navigate to its details tab, then the auto-selection behavior looks really
    ugly; it often selects text outside the grid and half the rest of the page,
    even after an AJAX response has already replaced much of the render of what
    the user was looking at. In this context, the default behavior of the
    browser isn't even remotely what a user expects.

    Paul

    PJ6, Sep 19, 2007