    ideas?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Mike,

    You'll love my answer...

    My site's search has the behaviour you describe. Try it out at
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    Now, I'm not positive why...

    Here's what I'm doing. I really only have one single page. I'm dynamically
    overriding the OnBubbleEvent within my default page to get those button
    clicks from my user controls. This method seems to create the behaviour you
    wish.

    I have a sample of the code I'm using on the web site itself so when you
    try the search you might want to search for something like: Using
    placeholders

    The title you should look for is: Reload dynamically created user controls
    in order to use their viewstate.

    If you have any questions about this technique feel free to email me.
    (Anyone)

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > I have a search page that I want to enable private caching so that when a
    > user hits the back button they dont get the page has expired error.
    > I have seen this done on:
    >
    > http://www.asp.net/Forums/Search/default.aspx?tabindex=1
    >
    > Downloaded the source and tried to find out how they did it to no avail,

    any

    S. Justin Gengo, Aug 8, 2003