Printing a postscript file with Win32::Printer

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by paul.dorman@gmail.com, Jun 30, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    upon discovering (to my horror) that Win32::printer::Direct does not
    respect the configuration set in the Printers and Faxes dialogue (such
    as the source and output tray), I proceeded to look at using
    Win32::printer do do the job.

    The method that seems most promising is the Inject method, which
    appears to let you inject raw postscript data into the job. I would
    like to inject contents of the file I have so that it's data is the
    only thing that gets sent to the printer.

    No matter what I have tried though, the page comes out blank.

    Has anyone managed to use Win32::printer to print a postscript file
    loaded from disk? I need to either specify the source and output tray,
    *or* have the current settings in the Printer and Faxes dialogue
    respected. I also don't want to have to share the printers as this
    would be politically incorrect where I work.

    Examples would be very, *very* welcome.

    Regards,
    Paul
    , Jun 30, 2006