Problem calling COM object

smoser16

Hi all,

I have developed a web project in ASP.NET that uses a legacy COM object
(developed in VB6) by creating a wrapper using TlbImp.exe. Everything works
fine on the Web server on Windows 2000, but I've been trying to move to
Windows 2003 and everytime a call is made to the COM object the following
exception occurs:

Security Exception
by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Permission denied

Source Error:

I have tried too many possible solutions to list here, but nothing seems to
work. I've seen a few other posts with the same problem but no one has
posted a solution that works for me. Please help!

Thanks,
Stefan

Venkat_KL

Dear smoser16,

Try
setting sufficient privileges for 'Local System Account' on the 'Identity'
tab on the Properties dialog for the application pool (found in IIS Manager)

because
The problem can originate becuase of the security permissions on the
'Network Service' account - which is the default identity for an Application
Pool.

To avoid the error change the identity under which the Application Pool is
created to one that has sufficient privileges - like above

Bye
Venkat_KL