Problem in executing a script on the server side ! Script found but nothing executed !

Cédric Rossé

Hello,

I'm currently developping a web application in C# / ASP.net.
On a specific form of my application, I have a simple button which calls the
following code :

Process myProcess;
myProcess = new Process();

myProcess.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;

myProcess.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;

myProcess.StartInfo.RedirectStandardError = true;

myProcess.StartInfo.WorkingDirectory = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\NetGuard";

myProcess.StartInfo.FileName =
"C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\NetGuard\\GoNetSH.cmd";

myProcess.Start();

It is just a call to a simple script (GoNetSH.cmd) running on the server
side (Windows server 2003).

The content of the script is the following :

c:\windows\system32\ping cronos > C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\NetGuard\cronos.txt

As you can see there is no call to any graphical program, just a simple
command line... !

My problem is the following. The script is well called but the code inside
is not executed and I can't find why !
I checked the NTFS security, the IIS parameters, I even put "everyone",
"system", "IUSR_machinename" and so one in "Administrators" group (just for
testing...) but nothing is executed !

Here is my web.config parameters :
<authentication mode="Windows" />

<identity impersonate="true"/>

And my machine.config parameters:

<processModel enable="true" timeout="Infinite" idleTimeout="Infinite"
shutdownTimeout="0:00:05" requestLimit="Infinite" requestQueueLimit="5000"
restartQueueLimit="10" memoryLimit="60" webGarden="false"
cpuMask="0xffffffff" userName="SYSTEM" password="AutoGenerate"
logLevel="Errors" clientConnectedCheck="0:00:05"
comAuthenticationLevel="Connect" comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate"
responseDeadlockInterval="00:03:00" maxWorkerThreads="20"
maxIoThreads="20"/>

The configuration of the framewok is full trust for all the zones !!

Is there something specific with Windows Server 2003 ? Can someone help me ?

Thank you in advance for all your responses !

Cédric

Cédric Rossé

For information :

I have to let the IIS service interact with the desktop and then it
works correctly...

Thank you

Cédric