Start external application on server side

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tomi, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. tomi

    tomi Guest

    Hi

    I have an application running on server which sometimes crashes. I need
    to start it when i find it's not runnnig. I've tried following:

    Process myProcess = new Process();

    // Get the path that stores user documents.
    myProcess.EnableRaisingEvents = false;
    myProcess.StartInfo.FileName = @"c:\Projects\encoder.exe";
    myProcess.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;
    myProcess.Start();

    It's a console application with no GUI and all it does it encodes some
    video files.

    BUT it does not seem to work because immediatelly after application
    starts it fails on error message: Unable to read memory on address ....

    Any idea ? ... Ii'm getting desperate

    Tx

    Tomi

    tomi, Jul 27, 2006

  2. I guess you should be determining if it crashes when you run it, as opposed
    to running it under whatever web account you are using. That at least would
    narrow it down to confilcits with windows (like trying to report progress)
    or permissions.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jul 27, 2006