Server Side Word Application

Mike Fellows

I'm trying to create a server side application (through a web front end)

that allows me to print specific documents from the server

im using:

Dim wordapp = New Word.Application

and have added the word reference (and installed word on the server)

the problem i have is that when i run the above code i get an:

Access is denied.
the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information

any help with this would be greatly appreciated as ive hit a brick wall with
things to try

thanks in advance

Mike Fellows

Mike

If you know the doc name and the location of the doc why open word, just
send the doc to the printer?
I'm doing the exact same thing but with PDF docs using BizTalk

Mike Fellows

I cant do that as i need to edit some bookmarks within the word document
otherwise it would be great

Mike Fellows

Franky

I just had the same with Excel.
I think that the solution is just to add a web.config file in the same
folder as your aspx with the code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<identity impersonate="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Mike Fellows

Thanks
i will give that a goo

Mike Fellows

Franky said:
I just had the same with Excel.
I think that the solution is just to add a web.config file in the same
folder as your aspx with the code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<identity impersonate="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

"Mike Fellows" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message
de news:[email protected]... execution

Mike Fellows

Bin,

could you point me to a document explaining how to do this client side?

Thanks

Mike

Bin Song said:
You can create ActiveX word object on client side and manipulate the
bookmarks.

Mike Fellows

Franky,

this then opens word on the server, but it seems impossible to manipulate
i cant even set the word object to visible

Thanks

Mike

Franky

Yes, I got the same problem with Excel.
The only solution I find (for Excel) is to install Excel 2003 instead of
Excel XP. And I posted a news concerning Excel XP...