    Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what might be causing this
    problem.
    , Dec 10, 2005

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On 9 Dec 2005 18:13:39 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >I am having trouble installing the J2SE JDK v5.0 update 6 on a Windows
    >XP SP2 machine. The installation process is hanging at the point where
    >the 'windows installer' window displays 'Preparing to install ...'.

    Uninstall all java. Delete all Java directories. go into the
    registry and prune the java entries. Delete copies of Java files from
    the windows directory.
    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/registry.html

    Make sure there is sufficient room. Start over.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Dec 10, 2005

  3. zero Guest

    Roedy Green <> wrote in

    > On 9 Dec 2005 18:13:39 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    > indirectly quoted someone who said :
    >
    >>I am having trouble installing the J2SE JDK v5.0 update 6 on a Windows
    >>XP SP2 machine. The installation process is hanging at the point where
    >>the 'windows installer' window displays 'Preparing to install ...'.

    > Uninstall all java. Delete all Java directories. go into the
    > registry and prune the java entries. Delete copies of Java files from
    > the windows directory.
    > See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/registry.html
    >
    > Make sure there is sufficient room. Start over.

    Also see if you have the latest version of windows installer, and it's not
    corrupted. http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

    --
    Beware the False Authority Syndrome
    zero, Dec 10, 2005