problem with creating a database in win xp

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by zeev, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. zeev

    zeev Guest

    hallo
    i have to do a code in ASP that including this code:

    set c=server.createobject("adodb.connection")
    c.open "dsn=MyDSN;"
    c.execute "create table first_tables(Name char, Tel char)"

    and i am geting that error:

    Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E09)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Cannot modify the design of
    table 'first_tables'. It is in a read-only database.
    /1.asp, line 4

    what can i do?
    thanks
    zeev j

    zeev, Jul 21, 2003

  2. zeev

    Tammy B. Guest

    if it access database then right click on database on uncheck read only

    Tammy B., Jul 21, 2003

  3. zeev

    Tom B Guest

    Try using a dsn-less connection.
    http://www.connectionstrings.com
    http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

    I've not used MS Access in a while, but you may have to use ADOX to create
    tables.

    Tom B, Jul 21, 2003