Problem with opening Excel after opening Excel inside Microsoft Internet Controls

fniles

The same problem happens after I open an Excel file inside a Microsoft
Internet Controls either from a VB6 program or ASP.
After that when I try to open another Excel file outside the VB6 program or
ASP by dbl clicking on the file name, it looks like instead of opening the
new Excel file, it gives the focus to the Microsoft Internet Controls inside
the VB6/ASP.
At this point, the only way for me to open another Excel file outside the
VB6/ASP, is to open Excel itself, then from the menu "File" - "Open" I
select the other Excel file.
Is there a way for me once I have an excel file open inside a Microsoft
Internet Control in VB6/ASP, to be able to open another Excel file outside
the VB6/ASP ?

In the Windows Explorer, under "Tools" - "Folder Option" - "File Types" -
"XLS" - "Advanced", "Browse in same window" is checked.
I am using Windows XP SP2 and Internet Explorer version 7.0.5730.13.

Thank you.