Problem with System.Web.Mail

Guest

We're attempting to migrate a distributed app from our current Windows 2000
setup to new hardware running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Everything is working
great with the exception of any piece of logic attempting to use
System.Web.Mail. The error I'm getting is "The transport failed to connect to
the server". After many hours of scouring the net, I'm at a loss. Any help
would be greatly appreciated, here are the facts:

- The local SMTP service on the box (running as a relay with the local
computer and a few others allowed to relay through it) is properly configured
and working. From any other computer, I'm able to use the existing logic
without change from a handful of computers and relay mail off of it. I'm also
able to telnet into the service properly and send mail so firewall issue and
the service itself are ruled out.

- Even taking a small console app I wrote to try and bounce mail off an
existing relay doesn't work which makes me think it has somthing to do with
the CDOSYS library.

- I see that the CDOSYS.dll library is in the system32 directory but I'm not
aware of the appropriate steps to take to make sure it's actually available
for invocation (come to think of it, i'm gonna try to regsvr it real quick).

Anywho, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!