Problems with System.Web.Mail

Guest

Hi,

I am using System.Web.Mail for a email feature in an Intranet Application
(ASP.NET). I need to use NTLM Authentication:

ms.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate", "2")

All work fine in my development machine, but when I run this application
from another client machine (my development machine is the "web server") it
generates the following error:

"...Could not access 'CDO.Message' object....The message could not be sent
to the SMTP Server. The transport error code was 0x80040217. The server
response was not available"

Notes: I am using "Integrated Windows authentication" at IIS level and
<authentication mode="Windows" /> , <identity impersonate="true"/> at ASP.NET
level. Other consideration, the SMTP Server is installed at another machine.

Thanks for your help.

bruce barker

ntlm does not allow credital forwarding. so the webserver must be setup as
basic (turn off ntlm), or a fixed account must be specified in the web
config.

if a fixed account is ok, then you can setup a local relay server on the iis
box, and use its creditals to email.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)