problems with vs.net 2003 on windows vista

Guest

Hi,

I am having problems to run asp.net 1.1 on windows vista business
operating system. When I try to create a new web application or try accessing
an existing web application it is giving the error "Visual Studio.net has
detected that the web server is running asp.net version 1.0. The web
application you are creating or opening can be configured to be compliant
with asp.net 1.0"

I tried registering the aspnet 1.1 using aspnet_regiis -i command. still it
is giving the same error. Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks,

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Sridhar,

take into account that vista doesnt support .net 1.1 on 100%, there are number
of issues with it.

Try to play with Worker Process Isolation Mode (WPIM) in IIS7 (the same as
was in IIS6 isolation modes)

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

S> Hi,
S>
S> I am having problems to run asp.net 1.1 on windows vista business
S> operating system. When I try to create a new web application or try
S> accessing an existing web application it is giving the error "Visual
S> Studio.net has detected that the web server is running asp.net
S> version 1.0. The web application you are creating or opening can be
S> configured to be compliant with asp.net 1.0"
S>
S> I tried registering the aspnet 1.1 using aspnet_regiis -i command.
S> still it is giving the same error. Please let me know if you have any
S> idea.
S>
S> Thanks,

Guest

I also read that vista doesnt support .net 1.1. We are planning to upgrade to
vs 2005 but in the mean time we need to have vs 2003 running. I am not sure
how to check the worker process isolation model. If possible, could you
please explain how to do that? Meanwhile I will try searching online.

Thanks,
sridhar.

Guest

Mark - just to be crystal clear, the article you pointed to on msdn
concerning support for vs2003 and .net 1.1 running under Vista:

"Q: If Visual Studio .NET 2002 and 2003 won't be supported on Windows Vista,
will my existing applications still work?

Only the development environments will not be supported. The .NET Framework
1.1 and 2.0 runtimes will still run on Windows Vista."

Mark Rae

Mark - just to be crystal clear, the article you pointed to on msdn
concerning support for vs2003 and .net 1.1 running under Vista:

"Q: If Visual Studio .NET 2002 and 2003 won't be supported on Windows
Vista,
will my existing applications still work?

Only the development environments will not be supported. The .NET
Framework
1.1 and 2.0 runtimes will still run on Windows Vista."

Er, yes that's right - what's your point...?

Ray

Mark Rae said:
Er, yes that's right - what's your point...?

I think his point is that there is a big difference between 1.1
not being supported and VS 2003 not being supported.
Not supporting VS 2003 is bad and I'm quite disappointed
with that. If it had not supported 1.1 that would've been
insane.

Mark Rae

Ray said:
I think his point is that there is a big difference between 1.1
not being supported and VS 2003 not being supported.
Not supporting VS 2003 is bad and I'm quite disappointed
with that. If it had not supported 1.1 that would've been
insane.

Indeed, but that isn't what the OP asked (see title of thread...)