professional opinions on web-development platforms

Discussion in 'Java' started by Florian Thiel, Jun 27, 2007.

  1. Dear Java web developers,

    I'm currently part of a research team at the Free University of
    Berlin, looking into the ways in which the major web development
    platforms differ. In addition to our work with the Plat_Forms contest,
    we're now looking for actual professional opinions.

    If you have practical experience in the development of non-trivial web
    applications with two or more web development languages then we would
    like you to participate in a short survey. Three Java teams
    participated in this year's Plat_Forms contest. It would be good to
    also have your opinions and experiences in the survey.

    The questionnaire asks you about your experiences and opinions on two
    of the web development languages you have used, and should take about
    10-15 minutes to complete. To thank you for your participation, you
    will be able to provide an email address and we will send you our
    final report when we are finished compiling it.

    http://www.plat-forms.org/survey/

    We look forward to your answers and experiences, let me know via email
    if you have any questions.

    Florian Thiel
    Plat_Forms survey team

    PS: if you are a member of digg or Slashdot and would like to support
    the survey, here are the relevant articles:
    http://digg.com/programming/How_does_your_web_development_platform_rate
    http://slashdot.org/firehose.pl?op=view&id=205681

    Florian Thiel, Jun 27, 2007