Project created with IP address instead of localhost. No DEBUGGIN

Guest

Hi,

I have a 2-3 questions.Plz if possible answer all of them.

I was creating projects in ASP.NET using C# code but suddenly I started
getting the error that didnt allow me create anew project or open an
existing one.

But if i create a new project with the IP address instead of the "localhost"
......like if i specify the location as
http:// 200.200.3.2/ WebAplication1 for creating the new project, it
creates the project. But i CANT create the project with the location as
http://localhost/WebApplication1.

Also , when I create the project with IP address, it DOESNt allow DEBUGGING
& i get the error that "UNABLE TO START DEBUGGING coz WINDOWS AUTHENTICATION
US NOT ENABLED"...even though when i checked, it is ALREADY ENABLED!

Does anyvody have any idea why this is happening? Do you think I should
uninstall & then reinstall Visual Studio.NET again?

Also I need to know that specifying the IP address of the Development server
while creating a project can cause any problem during the project deployment?
coz i have to deploy the project on a different server (obviously with a
different IP)??

Guest

pmud said:
Hi,

I have a 2-3 questions.Plz if possible answer all of them.

I was creating projects in ASP.NET using C# code but suddenly I started
getting the error that didnt allow me create anew project or open an
existing one.

But if i create a new project with the IP address instead of the "localhost"
.....like if i specify the location as
http:// 200.200.3.2/ WebAplication1 for creating the new project, it
creates the project. But i CANT create the project with the location as
http://localhost/WebApplication1.

http:// 200.200.3.2/ WebAplication1 is internet application.
http://localhost/WebApplication1 is intranet application. I guess you changed
changed some .NET configuration. Try reset everything to default from Control
Panel --> Administrative-->Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Wizards
Also , when I create the project with IP address, it DOESNt allow DEBUGGING
& i get the error that "UNABLE TO START DEBUGGING coz WINDOWS AUTHENTICATION
US NOT ENABLED"...even though when i checked, it is ALREADY ENABLED!
Take a look at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...xtskDebuggingWebApplicationOnRemoteServer.asp