Proxy settings

ThatsIT.net.au

I have some proxy settings loaded in the application onstart event. This
means I only have to create them once and all pages can take advantage of
them.
BUT is it possible that the setting may get lost, fall out of memory or
something? Will I find that the proxy setting have gone and will not be
reset until the application restarts?

The settings are not them self's loaded into Application variables, but
created by the application onstart event.

I assume that I would be better off using the session onstart event.

Any one know the life cycle of such a move?

Guest

If you load your settings in the Application_Start handler, they should
persist until the Application is restarted or recyckled, at which time they
will be recreated.

It's a good idea to put such "Loading" code into a static method in Global,
so that it can be called not only from Application_Start but from somewhere
else as well.

Peter