Publish Web Site errors

Stan

What exactly is required in order to use Publish Web Site dialog in VS.NET
2005?
Permissions, Front Page extenstion, etc?

I keep getting different erros all the time - login boxes, server errors,
etc.

It's not like that it does not work, but the process is unstable, I can't
quite figure it out.

Is there a doc on that?

Thanks,

-Stan

Guest

Stan,
It depends on what you want to "publish" to. If it is the local filesytem,
you would probably never get any dialog boxes or security issues. If it is to
a remote FTP site or webserver, then there are permissions issues. But, since
you haven't specified exactly what kind of publish and what errors you are
getting, we can only guess. Give some specifics.
Peter

Stan

Peter,

I am trying to publish to the remote IIS server and I am getting these
errors:

Unable to create the Web 'http://server01/WS2'. Server Error
Error: Unable to create the Web 'http://server01/WS2'. Server Error

"Server error" - very informative. Nothing in the logs anywhere.

I love that - go figure out what it is by changing thousands things, maybe
one of
them will work.

There are no logon boxes anymore after I added myself as a local Admin on
the remote site, so it does not appear to be a permission issue.

Guest

Stan,
I am afraid in this case that you are going to have to create the IIS Web
Application yourself, either by using whatever web console or if IIS remote
managment is turned on, or by logging onto the box and doing it with IIS
Manager.

I seem to remember that using FrontPage extensions it will do this but I'm
not sure if it will on a remote box without using the extensions.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com