    web service from that server.

    I'm sure I missing something on that web server...I can not find what.

    Thank you in advance for your time and help.
    Lord Brett Sinclair, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Lord Brett Sinclair

    Jan Tielens Guest

    > - I can not access the .asmx file from my browser to see the description
    for
    > instance.
    > - From the .net development environment, I can not find the reference to

    the
    > web service on that web server to add it to my project in order to run the
    > web service from that server.

    The second one is normal if you can't access your service from Internet
    Explorer. Make sure you've copied the \bin directory also (just to be sure
    you can try to copy the complete project folder). If that was not them
    problem, you can check if you've created a virtual directory or website for
    the web service project.

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens
    ________________________________

    "Lord Brett Sinclair" <> wrote in message
    > Hello everybody
    > I'm pretty sure the answer is simple, but I can not figure out what am I
    > missing.
    >
    > I created a small web service with the vb.net framework.
    > Everything works fine locally. I have the .net framework and an IIS server
    > running. I created a small aspx page, and the service works fine.
    >
    > Now I would like to publish (copy) my .asmx file to another web server,

    and
    > access it now from my local machine to test. Ultimatelly I will publish

    the

    Jan Tielens, Feb 12, 2004