publishing web service

Lord Brett Sinclair

Hello everybody
I'm pretty sure the answer is simple, but I can not figure out what am I
missing.

I created a small web service with the vb.net framework.
Everything works fine locally. I have the .net framework and an IIS server
running. I created a small aspx page, and the service works fine.

Now I would like to publish (copy) my .asmx file to another web server, and
access it now from my local machine to test. Ultimatelly I will publish the
..aspx later.

- I can not access the .asmx file from my browser to see the description for
instance.
- From the .net development environment, I can not find the reference to the
web service on that web server to add it to my project in order to run the
web service from that server.

I'm sure I missing something on that web server...I can not find what.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Jan Tielens

- I can not access the .asmx file from my browser to see the description
for
instance.
- From the .net development environment, I can not find the reference to the
web service on that web server to add it to my project in order to run the
web service from that server.

The second one is normal if you can't access your service from Internet
Explorer. Make sure you've copied the \bin directory also (just to be sure
you can try to copy the complete project folder). If that was not them
problem, you can check if you've created a virtual directory or website for
the web service project.

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens