Purchase of C++ standard

JCR

Hi,
I'd like to buy a copy of the C++ Standard and I am getting confused as
which version I should get.
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS/ISO/IEC+14882-2003
shows a price of $31
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=ISO/IEC+14882:2003
shows a price of $291.
I don't really understand the differences between those two versions.
I have read that the price should be $18 so I am wondering if I am
getting the right document. Should I search harder for the $18,
purchase the $30 or is there a clear benefit to get the $291?
Thanks in advance

Alan Johnson

JCR said:
Hi,
I'd like to buy a copy of the C++ Standard and I am getting confused as
which version I should get.
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS/ISO/IEC+14882-2003
shows a price of $31
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=ISO/IEC+14882:2003
shows a price of $291.
I don't really understand the differences between those two versions.
I have read that the price should be $18 so I am wondering if I am
getting the right document. Should I search harder for the $18,
purchase the $30 or is there a clear benefit to get the $291?
Thanks in advance

The technical content of those two documents is the same. They differ
only in things like title page. Someone who understands the market for
standards documents better than me will have to give you an answer as to
why the prices are so different.

-Alan

red floyd

JCR said:
Hi,
I'd like to buy a copy of the C++ Standard and I am getting confused as
which version I should get.
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS/ISO/IEC+14882-2003
shows a price of $31
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=ISO/IEC+14882:2003
shows a price of $291.
I don't really understand the differences between those two versions.
I have read that the price should be $18 so I am wondering if I am
getting the right document. Should I search harder for the $18,
purchase the $30 or is there a clear benefit to get the $291?
Thanks in advance

Buy the Wiley press version.

ISBN 0-470-84674-7

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470846747

Kaz Kylheku

JCR said:
Hi,
I'd like to buy a copy of the C++ Standard and I am getting confused as

In about 30 seconds of Googling for "iso 14882 2003", I found a .PDF
that someone left open.

I didn't download it, of course; I'm not a criminal.

:)

benben

Kaz said:
In about 30 seconds of Googling for "iso 14882 2003", I found a .PDF
that someone left open.

I didn't download it, of course; I'm not a criminal.

:)

In my standard a hint to a crime is still a crime.

Ben

Peter Jansson

JCR said:
Hi,
I'd like to buy a copy of the C++ Standard and I am getting confused as
which version I should get.
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS/ISO/IEC+14882-2003
shows a price of $31
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=ISO/IEC+14882:2003
shows a price of $291.
I don't really understand the differences between those two versions.
I have read that the price should be $18 so I am wondering if I am
getting the right document. Should I search harder for the $18,
purchase the $30 or is there a clear benefit to get the $291?
Thanks in advance

You may find it here for about 6$:
http://www.tradera.com/auction/auction.aspx?aid=27175062

Regards,