py2exe Excludes

Ed Leafe

I'm trying to make a Windows runtime for Dabo, and I want to exclude
the framework code itself from the exe file, so that people can update
with new releases as they are made. The relevant section of setup.py
has:

setup(
# The first three parameters are not required, if at least a
# 'version' is given, then a versioninfo resource is built from
# them and added to the executables.
version = "0.3.0",
description = "Dabo Runtime Engine",
name = "daborun",
# targets to build
console = ["daborun.py"],
#exclude the actual framework
options = { "py2exe": {"excludes" : ["dabo"]} },
)

Yet the generated library.zip still contains all of the Dabo module
code. Why is this? What am I doing wrong?

___/
/
__/
/
____/
Ed Leafe
http://leafe.com/
http://dabodev.com/

vincent wehren

Ed said:
I'm trying to make a Windows runtime for Dabo, and I want to exclude
the framework code itself from the exe file, so that people can update
with new releases as they are made. The relevant section of setup.py has:

setup(
# The first three parameters are not required, if at least a
# 'version' is given, then a versioninfo resource is built from
# them and added to the executables.
version = "0.3.0",
description = "Dabo Runtime Engine",
name = "daborun",
# targets to build
console = ["daborun.py"],
#exclude the actual framework
options = { "py2exe": {"excludes" : ["dabo"]} },
)

Yet the generated library.zip still contains all of the Dabo module
code. Why is this? What am I doing wrong?

Just a guess: What happens if you remove everything that's in the
"build" directory before running setup.py? There may still be files
around from an earlier build that *did* include the Dabo modules.

Ed Leafe

Just a guess: What happens if you remove everything that's in the
"build" directory before running setup.py? There may still be files
around from an earlier build that *did* include the Dabo modules.

Ah, that was it! I didn't realize that it would still pull those
things in there. I wiped out the build directory and re-ran setup, and
it's now what I expected. Thanks!

___/
/
__/