PyGreSQL Install

goodepic

I successfully installed postgresql and pygresql from source on my
MacBook 2ghz Intel core duo running os x 10.4.8. However, pygresql
installed under the defualt python 2.3 installation, while I've been
upgrading and working in 2.5, and have invested too much time to go
back to 2.3. I definitely don't know where every file is, but I know
that the site-packages folder where I need pgdb to be is
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages.
This is where I have pypar, pynum, numeric, etc. PyGreSQL installed
in the default
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages.

Anyone know where I can edit setup.py or what flags I can use to force
the install onto 2.5?

Thanks!

Thomas Ploch

goodepic said:
I successfully installed postgresql and pygresql from source on my
MacBook 2ghz Intel core duo running os x 10.4.8. However, pygresql
installed under the defualt python 2.3 installation, while I've been
upgrading and working in 2.5, and have invested too much time to go
back to 2.3. I definitely don't know where every file is, but I know
that the site-packages folder where I need pgdb to be is
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages.
This is where I have pypar, pynum, numeric, etc. PyGreSQL installed
in the default
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages.

Anyone know where I can edit setup.py or what flags I can use to force
the install onto 2.5?

Thanks!

You should try:

$ python2.5 setup.py install

Normally it gets installed into the directory of the python version you
use when running setup.py. Is python 2.3 still the default on MAC OS X
10.4? I thought they switched to python 2.4.

Thomas

goodepic

Awesome! I forgot that when I did switched to root I lost my PATH,
where I'd put usr/local/bin ahead of /usr/bin, so "python" went to 2.5
instead of 2.3. Using python2.5 worked perfectly. Thanks!!