    Anyone know where I can edit setup.py or what flags I can use to force
    the install onto 2.5?

    Thanks!
    goodepic, Jan 5, 2007

  2. goodepic

    Thomas Ploch Guest

    goodepic schrieb:
    > I successfully installed postgresql and pygresql from source on my
    > MacBook 2ghz Intel core duo running os x 10.4.8. However, pygresql
    > installed under the defualt python 2.3 installation, while I've been
    > upgrading and working in 2.5, and have invested too much time to go
    > back to 2.3. I definitely don't know where every file is, but I know
    > that the site-packages folder where I need pgdb to be is
    > /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages.
    > This is where I have pypar, pynum, numeric, etc. PyGreSQL installed
    > in the default
    > /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages.
    >

    > Anyone know where I can edit setup.py or what flags I can use to force
    > the install onto 2.5?
    >
    > Thanks!

    You should try:

    $ python2.5 setup.py install

    Normally it gets installed into the directory of the python version you
    use when running setup.py. Is python 2.3 still the default on MAC OS X
    10.4? I thought they switched to python 2.4.

    Thomas
    Thomas Ploch, Jan 5, 2007

  3. goodepic

    goodepic Guest

    Awesome! I forgot that when I did switched to root I lost my PATH,
    where I'd put usr/local/bin ahead of /usr/bin, so "python" went to 2.5
    instead of 2.3. Using python2.5 worked perfectly. Thanks!!
    goodepic, Jan 5, 2007