Python and JMS?

Leonard J. Reder

Hello,

I would like to write some Python to monitor a JMS middleware software bus.
JMS being Java Messaging Service. Can anyone recommend a Python
wrapper to JMS for this? My goal is to listen for XML being transfered
over
a JMS implementation. All the applications so far are in Java.

Thanks for any replies?

Len
--
===================================
Leonard J. Reder

Jarek Zgoda

Leonard J. Reder napisa³(a):
I would like to write some Python to monitor a JMS middleware software bus.
JMS being Java Messaging Service. Can anyone recommend a Python
wrapper to JMS for this? My goal is to listen for XML being transfered
over
a JMS implementation. All the applications so far are in Java.

Quick googling for "python jms" yields http://hjb.python-hosting.com/ as
1st result and for a long time this seems the only solution that works.
Unfortuantely, it's functionality is severely limited.

If you happen to use ActiveMQ, you can try to use stomp protocol, but
this isn't a standard (I don't know any other implementation of queuing
software that uses this).

Leonard J. Reder

Thanks Jarek,

Yes indeed, we are using ActiveMQ and I did see the StomPy python
package. But I also saw that it said stomp was done as a student
project that ended. Maybe I will try hjb for now - all I need to do
is listen for messages on a certain topic.

Maybe some of our internal people will pick stom and make it better for
the future though.

Len

Jarek said:
Leonard J. Reder napisa³(a):

[...]

I saw there are 2 libraries implementating stomp, the one mentioned by
you and one which looked a bit better. The protocol itself also doesn't
look very complicated, so this should be relatively easy to implement
client library for somebody who works with ActiveMQ on a daily basis.