    I am especially interested in creating MS Windows apps with Python.

    Thanks.

    Octavian
    Octavian Rasnita, Dec 11, 2010

  2. Octavian Rasnita

    Lie Ryan Guest

    On 12/11/10 23:43, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a "recommended" Python distribution for Windows XP?
    >
    > I know about the one that can be downloaded from python.org (which I am using for the moment) and the one offered by ActiveState but I don't know which one is better for a beginner nor if there are other distributions available.
    >
    > I am especially interested in creating MS Windows apps with Python.

    ActiveState comes with more third party libraries, if you're developing
    python and do not want to install those libraries yourself, they're the
    way to go to. However, if you only need to use standard libraries, or
    want to target the broadest possible platforms with very little
    dependencies, then you should use python.org's version.
    Lie Ryan, Dec 11, 2010