Python Docs Fix

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Jul 31, 2006.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    A month ago, someone posted, under Python Docs Bugs, a complaint about the
    difficulty of finding the library ref sub-subsection on string methods.
    "That's because it is section 2.3.6.1, and the table of contents only goes
    to 3 levels."

    I followed up the me-to's with an SF bug-report suggesting that the
    sub-sub-section somehow be lifted up a level so it would appear in the TOC.
    www.python.org/sf/1514540

    This weekend, in response, Andrew Kuchling moved the entire section on
    builtin types to chapter status, which will lift everything in that section
    up a level and make them more visible.

    So thanks to Andrew for fixing this.

    And a note that the volunteer Python developers sometimes do respond to
    polite comments and suggestions, including those originating from c.l.p.
    And also a note that while eventual posting to the tracker is necessary, I
    think most items by non-experts are best discussed here first, as happened
    with this one. It certainly did not hurt that I reported that I was one of
    (at least) three agreeing with the OP.

    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Jul 31, 2006