Python Documentation?

Fredrik Lundh

Gerhard said:
I needed a quick way to "stat" files via FTP (it's a mirror script that
synchronizes the maps, etc. on Unreal Tournament 2003 gameservers). As
ftplib lacks any methods whatsoever to parse the output of the LIST
command

which isn't that strange, given that the LIST command can output
anything (it's intended for human readers, not computers).

some useful links:

http://cr.yp.to/ftpparse.html
http://c0re.jp/c0de/ftpparsemodule/
http://effbot.org/downloads/#ftpparse