PythonWin troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Python' started by chuck, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. chuck

    chuck Guest

    Having problems with PythonWin on Windows XP SP1. Shortly after
    startup and trying to debug I see:

    LoadBarState failed - LoadBarState failed (with win32 exception!)

    Things go down hill quickly from there. From there I see stuff like:

    [Dbg]>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
    File
    "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\winout.py",
    line 111, in OnRClick
    apply(menu.AppendMenu, appendParams)
    win32ui: ::AppendMenu failed - no error code is available

    >From there out none of the menus or toolbars work.

    This is on Windows/Python 2.4.2. Both the ActiveState or regular
    Windows distribution. I've cleaned up any old Py*23 DLL's.
    Uninstalled and re-installed several times.

    Suggestions please.

    chuck, Dec 13, 2005