q; keep credit card data

Guest

Hello,
If I need to keep credit card data in my database, is there any site that
talks about the requirements need to be realized during SW development and
the liabilities for overall system development.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Well you'd need to encrypt it at a minimum, but I would highly advise NOT
keeping complete credit card details in the database because there is no
such thing as 100% secure and I'm sure you'd rather not be liable.

Windsun

Not sure of the exact time, I think 30 days, but there is a short limit on
how long you can store CC numbers, by US law.

Mark Rae

Not sure of the exact time, I think 30 days, but there is a short limit on
how long you can store CC numbers, by US law.

So how do companies like Amazon, PayPal etc do it...?