question about j2me and palm simulator

ironblunt

Hi all, not sure if this is the forum to post this question, but here
I go anyways.

So I'm trying to write my first J2ME application for my Palm OS 5
(Tungsten C). But there seems to be problems and I wanted to put in
System.out.println statements. But I have no idea where to look for
the StdOut. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to
look for the console output?

thanks in advance

+s.park

JScoobyCed

ironblunt said:
So I'm trying to write my first J2ME application for my Palm OS 5
(Tungsten C). But there seems to be problems and I wanted to put in
System.out.println statements. But I have no idea where to look for
the StdOut. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to
look for the console output?

Hi. I am not sure if it is the same on Tungsten as on other Palm (I used to
work on a Palm m515).
On my Palm the outpout are in a file in the Memopad application of the Palm.
But I cannot reckon what is the file name. You should find it easily I
think, as it might be named something like your MIDlet..

JScoobyCed
-------------

ironblunt

Thanks for your response JScoobyCed,

I looked for a file in the memopad but nothing was there. Was yours a
J2ME application?

+s.park

Darryl L. Pierce

ironblunt said:
Hi all, not sure if this is the forum to post this question, but here
I go anyways.

So I'm trying to write my first J2ME application for my Palm OS 5
(Tungsten C). But there seems to be problems and I wanted to put in
System.out.println statements. But I have no idea where to look for
the StdOut. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to
look for the console output?

The Palm emulator isn't writing the output to your console? What operating
system are you using for development?

--
/**
* @author Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>

ironblunt

Hi Darryl, I'm using Windows 2000 and I've tried starting it from the
command prompt and from the shortcut in the start menu and neither
shows the console.

I hope this helps because I'm having problems debuggin my application
without the console to help me know where I'm in the application.

Thanks again for any light you can shed on this.

+s.park

JScoobyCed

ironblunt said:
Hi Darryl, I'm using Windows 2000 and I've tried starting it from the
command prompt and from the shortcut in the start menu and neither
shows the console.

I hope this helps because I'm having problems debuggin my application
without the console to help me know where I'm in the application.

Thanks again for any light you can shed on this.

+s.park

Ah... You are using an emulator... I didn't see the full title.
Ok, then there should be STDERR.txt and STDOUT.txt in your Palm Emulator
directory :) I am using Palm OS emulator on Windows 2000 and emulate my
m515, outputs are in those files.

JScoobyCed