    look for the console output?

    thanks in advance

    +s.park

    ironblunt, Jun 14, 2004

  2. ironblunt

    JScoobyCed Guest

    "ironblunt" <>
    > So I'm trying to write my first J2ME application for my Palm OS 5
    > (Tungsten C). But there seems to be problems and I wanted to put in
    > System.out.println statements. But I have no idea where to look for
    > the StdOut. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to
    > look for the console output?

    Hi. I am not sure if it is the same on Tungsten as on other Palm (I used to
    work on a Palm m515).
    On my Palm the outpout are in a file in the Memopad application of the Palm.
    But I cannot reckon what is the file name. You should find it easily I
    think, as it might be named something like your MIDlet..

    JScoobyCed
    -------------

    JScoobyCed, Jun 14, 2004

  3. ironblunt

    ironblunt Guest

    Thanks for your response JScoobyCed,

    I looked for a file in the memopad but nothing was there. Was yours a
    J2ME application?

    +s.park

    ironblunt, Jun 14, 2004
  4. ironblunt wrote:

    > Hi all, not sure if this is the forum to post this question, but here
    > I go anyways.
    >
    > So I'm trying to write my first J2ME application for my Palm OS 5
    > (Tungsten C). But there seems to be problems and I wanted to put in
    > System.out.println statements. But I have no idea where to look for
    > the StdOut. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to
    > look for the console output?

    The Palm emulator isn't writing the output to your console? What operating
    system are you using for development?

    --
    /**
    * @author Darryl L. Pierce <>

    Darryl L. Pierce, Jun 14, 2004
  5. ironblunt

    ironblunt Guest

    Hi Darryl, I'm using Windows 2000 and I've tried starting it from the
    command prompt and from the shortcut in the start menu and neither
    shows the console.

    I hope this helps because I'm having problems debuggin my application
    without the console to help me know where I'm in the application.

    Thanks again for any light you can shed on this.

    +s.park

    ironblunt, Jun 15, 2004
  6. ironblunt

    JScoobyCed Guest

    "ironblunt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Darryl, I'm using Windows 2000 and I've tried starting it from the
    > command prompt and from the shortcut in the start menu and neither
    > shows the console.
    >
    > I hope this helps because I'm having problems debuggin my application
    > without the console to help me know where I'm in the application.
    >
    > Thanks again for any light you can shed on this.
    >
    > +s.park

    Ah... You are using an emulator... I didn't see the full title.
    Ok, then there should be STDERR.txt and STDOUT.txt in your Palm Emulator
    directory :) I am using Palm OS emulator on Windows 2000 and emulate my
    m515, outputs are in those files.

    JScoobyCed

    JScoobyCed, Jun 15, 2004