rdoc and vim folding

Kaspar Schiess

Doug Kearns said:
Sure, but it seems like a shame people aren't using foldmethod=syntax
simply because the folding is too extensive.
Not that it is quite as it should be, but I guess that could just be a bug:
Try to fold syntax this code:

module A
class B
def foo
[1,2,3].each do
puts
end
end
end
end

Especially the do-end part folds in a weird manner... I have solved the
problem by taking out the 'matchgroup' directive from a few syn entries,
but that has the obvious disadvantage of not coloring things right.

So not all is well with vim either, and I don't have a solution for this
yet...

regards,
kaspar

hand manufactured code - www.tua.ch/ruby

Doug Kearns

Doug Kearns said:
[...]

Works for me... What version of vim, and more importantly, the syntax
file are you using?

Regards,
Doug

Kaspar Schiess

Works for me... What version of vim, and more importantly, the syntax
file are you using?

Thank you for reacting:
vim63 (windows)
$Id: ruby.vim,v 1.37 2004/05/12 13:35:07 dkearns Exp $

By disabling the matchgroup, I get correct folding, by enabling it, correct
highlighting.