  1. Hi
    Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry entry.

    Thanks

    Dilantha Seneviratne, Jan 14, 2004

  2. "Dilantha Seneviratne" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    | Hi
    | Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry
    entry.

    Sure, open it on screen and follow the
    characters from left to right.. But what
    does that have to do with Java? ;-)

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Ya... with Java ofcourse.

    Dilantha Seneviratne, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Dilantha Seneviratne

    BarryNL Guest

    Dilantha Seneviratne wrote:
    > Hi
    > Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry entry.
    >
    > Thanks

    Given that Java is cross-platform, the question is how would you do this
    in a way that would also work under Linux, MacOS, DB2, etc.?

    The answer, of course, is that you don't do this in Java; you use JNI.

    Barry.

    BarryNL, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Dilantha Seneviratne

    Ken Larson Guest

    BarryNL wrote:
    > Dilantha Seneviratne wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry entry.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Given that Java is cross-platform, the question is how would you do this
    > in a way that would also work under Linux, MacOS, DB2, etc.?
    >
    > The answer, of course, is that you don't do this in Java; you use JNI.
    >
    > Barry.

    there are a few places out there where you can find java/jni source do
    do this, some open source. I ended up rolling my own as a way to learn
    jni myself. Another possibility is jawin (on sourceforge), which lets
    you call any windows dll from java, without having to write your own jni.

    Ken Larson, Jan 15, 2004