Read registry entry

Dilantha Seneviratne

Hi
Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry entry.

Thanks

Andrew Thompson

message | Hi
| Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry
entry.

Sure, open it on screen and follow the
characters from left to right.. But what
does that have to do with Java? ;-)

BarryNL

Dilantha said:
Hi
Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry entry.

Thanks

Given that Java is cross-platform, the question is how would you do this
in a way that would also work under Linux, MacOS, DB2, etc.?

The answer, of course, is that you don't do this in Java; you use JNI.

Barry.

Ken Larson

BarryNL said:
Given that Java is cross-platform, the question is how would you do this
in a way that would also work under Linux, MacOS, DB2, etc.?

The answer, of course, is that you don't do this in Java; you use JNI.

Barry.
there are a few places out there where you can find java/jni source do
do this, some open source. I ended up rolling my own as a way to learn
jni myself. Another possibility is jawin (on sourceforge), which lets
you call any windows dll from java, without having to write your own jni.