    application ?, if yes, can it then also be written to an sql db ?.
    Thanks in advance,

    Dani

    Dani Dani, Apr 8, 2010

  2. Dani Dani

    Guest

    On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Dani Dani <> wrote:
    > Hi, is there a possibility to read MS Exchange data from an ROR/Ruby
    > application ?

    I think there was a question on the list not long ago about Ruby and
    Microsoft Exchange; I don't remember anything really coming from it,
    but it might be worth checking the list archives.

    What data are you trying to read and what version of Exchange?

    > if yes, can it then also be written to an sql db ?

    If you have data in Ruby, then yes it is definitely possible to write
    it to a sql database.

    , Apr 8, 2010

  3. Dani Dani

    Guest

    On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Matt Mencel <> wrote:
    > I don't know Exchange so couldn't say for sure, but if everything in Exchange is stored in Active Directory (and that would be my guess)... you can use the ActiveLdap library to get whatever you want from AD.

    The address book and some stuff like configuration metadata is stored
    in the directory; but, messages, calendar items, and such (most of the
    real stuff) are stored in Exchange's own database.

    , Apr 8, 2010
  4. On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, Dani Dani wrote:

    > Hi, is there a possibility to read MS Exchange data from an ROR/Ruby
    > application ?, if yes, can it then also be written to an sql db ?.
    > Thanks in advance,

    Is it data acessible via IMAP? And yes, Ruby/RoR can write to sql
    databases...

    Matt

    Matthew K. Williams, Apr 8, 2010
  5. Dani Dani

    Dani Dani Guest

    Thank you to all,
    What I'm looking for is to get the contacts from the exchange db.
    Dani

    Dani Dani, Apr 9, 2010
  6. Dani Dani

    Bernd Ritter Guest

    Hi Dani,

    I did the same thing some time ago. the contact information is hidden
    and depending on the software version only available via the web
    interface. you can access that via WSDL.

    bernd

    Bernd Ritter, Apr 9, 2010
  7. Dani Dani

    Guest

    On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 5:28 AM, Dani Dani <> wrote:
    > Thank you to all,
    > What I'm looking for is to get the contacts from the exchange db.

    Then you should be able to get what you need via LDAP (and Ruby does
    have ldap client libraries). For literal Exchange Contact objects,
    try a query like:
    (objectClass=contact)

    For user objects with email addresses, try something like:
    (objectClass=user)(email=*)

    , Apr 9, 2010