    some semblance of the source? The DLL is only 4K in size.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Mike, Apr 7, 2005

  2. You can use the IldAsm.exe tool that comes with the .Net platform to view
    the MSIL in the DLL or executable. that's not exactly your source code, but
    with some work, you might be able to rebuild the source code from the MSIL.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 7, 2005

  3. Mike

    Marina Guest

    There are some decompilers available for free, you can google for them. One
    is called Anakrino. You can at least get something that way.

    Marina, Apr 7, 2005
  4. Mike

    Matt Berther Guest

    Hello Mike,

    You could take a look at .NET Reflector [1], which provides the functionality
    you're looking for. Granted, the source doesnt have the same variable names
    inside the methods and some blocks (ie: foreach and using) will be completely
    expanded, but the code will be there.

    [1] http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet/

    --
    Matt Berther
    http://www.mattberther.com

    Matt Berther, Apr 7, 2005
  5. Mike

    Scott Allen Guest

    I second Matt's nomination.

    There is a nifty plugin for Reflector named FileDisassembler that can
    be used to dump the decompiler output to files of any Reflector
    supported language (C#, VB.NET, Delphi).

    http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Apr 8, 2005
  6. Mike

    Guest

    Matt,

    You might be interested in our commercial Decompiler.NET product. We do
    retain local variable names when you have the pdb files, and we include
    better optimizations than other decompilers so we do find foreach,
    using, lock statements, etc. We also include obfuscation features and
    some automatic refactoring capabilities. You can download a free trial
    version from our web site at http://www.junglecreatures.com/

    Jonathan Pierce
    President
    Jungle Creatures, Inc.