Referencing DLL in ASP.NET

Srinivas Kotipalli

Hi,

I am tring to create a ASP.NET web form using notepad. in the codebehind
file I have imported CrystalDecisions.CrystalREports.Engine.
This gives me compilation error, saying that engine does not belong to
namespace.

I read somewhere I need to reference this assembly. When I am using a
Notepad, how do I reference a dll? where do I add it? Do I need to create a
file with vbproj extention and add these references?

Please help?

thanks in advance
- Srini.

Srinivas Kotipalli

Thanks for the response Ken, But No!

this is a asp.net application. I have a aspx web page with codebehind file
as SRC, hence not pre-compiled.
when I first try to access the page it is trying to compile the codebehind
file and giving compile errors.

Somewhere I read that I need to reference the assembly. How do I do this?
Should my page have
<@ Assembly="Crystaldecisions.CrystalReports.Engine" > or something like
this? Is that the way to refernece a dll when you are developing your
ASP.NET application using a notepad??

thank you,
Srini.